Monday, May 24, 2010

On Deck



The long weekend holds some interesting races for those of the gravity set. The fluidride series is heading out to Whistler for what should be a brilliant race from what I've heard of the runs they are sending folks down.

The above race is a super D in Post Canyon. I'm a little conflicted by this race for a few reasons. Firstly, super D is probably my favorite form of racing, it's intense, requires a great deal of fitness and bike set up is critical as is handling skills. Also, I really like the Post Canyon area and I want to support this style of racing. The negative is that this race is fairly expensive AND there are no practice runs / shuttles. The result being that you get one run and the course isn't dialed in so the obvious preference goes to the locals. Mark my words on that. The final race of the series in Sandy won't be as bad as you can ride to the top in about a half hour but Post Canyon would be an all day hill repeat to get in probably 3 runs at the most. Boo.

No comments: